Friday, May 4, 2012

Cape Photo of the Day - Photo #65


When I was down at Graul's yesterday checking out the activity, I noticed the doorway to the building next door was open. Nosy as I am, I had to sneak a peak - and a photo with my iPhone. I hadn't seen what was behind that door in decades.

Does anyone remember the original Cape Hardware that used to occupy this space? It was such  cool store - packed wall to wall with random hardware. It resembled the orderly chaos of my Granddad's barn/shed and had the same wonderful musty smell. The only way you could find anything was to ask the owner.

It's been gutted since being abandoned in the mid 90s, and appears to serve as storage for Graul's these days. Nothing nearly as supernatural or sinister as I had imagined. I would love to see it restored as a shop of some sort and see that cute facade open for business once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment