Friday, March 23, 2012

Cape Photo of the Day - Photo #23


Is it really foggy again this morning, or is that just my brain after getting home at 3 AM from the Hunger Games midnight premier with my kids? I think this is the thickest we've seen yet this first week of spring. I literally couldn't see more than 50 feet in front of me driving my semi-conscious daughter to school at 7 AM.

Maybe this brilliant flash of yellow will remind you what the sun looks like until the fog dissipates. The forsythia has been spectacular the past few days, and this one was especially brilliant on Tuesday morning. Even the fog couldn't subdue its exuberance. If you are out driving through the mist, let the glow of the forsythia guide you through the Cape.

I think this will be the final installment of "fog week". Later today or tomorrow, I will try to get some photos that are something other than grayscale. Until then, here are a couple of fog related quotes to get us through the end of this foggy work week:

"It is not the clear-sighted who rule the world. Great achievements are accomplished in a blessed, warm fog." Joseph Conrad

"Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way." E. L. Doctorow

"Derive happiness in oneself from a good day's work, from illuminating the fog that surrounds us." Henry Matisse

No comments:

Post a Comment