Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cape Photo of the Day - Photo #14


Can you spot the birdie? Not too difficult in this picture, but I had a fit trying to find him with my camera lens. I could hear his exuberant song, but he was perched way up in the top of a tall tree on Gateway. I finally located him through my viewfinder.

The volume of the beautiful song that comes from such a tiny creature in incredible. I wish I could have captured his elaborate call for you. I mean, I guess I could with the video feature of my camera, but the file size of even the still shots is challenging my digital storage skills. I'm not ready to make the leap to movies.

Anyway, why take up valuable space on my computer when the sounds are readily available online. Here is a link to a website with information about this little guy, including a recording of his song. According to my handy dandy Bird Songs Bible (OK, not so handy dandy with respect to size and weight - it's a beast), the virtuoso song that caught my attention was from the throat of a common house finch. I wish this common house wife could sing so fetchingly.

Take a moment to listen to the sounds of spring in the Cape as well as enjoying the views. They are just as invigorating.

2 comments:

  1. Nana gave up and hung the spring wreath on the back porch this past week--the house finches started their nest within the hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birds don't like our porches the way they do yours, but they love our garage!

      Delete