Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cape Photo of the Day - Photo #74


"Mama said knock you out..."

A Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow Cape Moms! My knockout roses have been knocking themselves out for a couple of weeks now, and I finally got out with my camera this morning in my PJs to get some photos. I was a little lukewarm to knockout roses in the beginning. They suddenly turned up everywhere - a little too ubiquitous for my taste.

But they have worn me down with their brilliant enthusiasm and staying power. Anything that blooms this insanely and beautifully in my yard without me even trying is worthy of my appreciation. I wish you all a happy and restful Mother's Day, and if anyone gets in the way of that, just sick Mr. James Todd Smith (better known as LL Cool J) on them. "Mama said knock you out..."

No comments:

Post a Comment