Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cape Photo of the Day - Photo #70


I enjoyed an overnight in New York City as an early Mother's Day gift last night. I took a lot of nice pictures - mostly of Central Park. The heart and soul of New York is full of lovely scenes, most of which I encountered by making wrong turns and getting lost. I wandered here and there for an hour or so yesterday afternoon. Then this morning, I went for a jog around the Park before hopping the subway to Penn station for the train ride home.

For all the lovely sites I saw in my almost 24 hours in New York, none were as welcome to me as this view of the headwaters of the Chesapeake Bay as the train crossed over the Susquehanna approaching Havre de Grace. I loved my brief glimpse of the hustle and bustle of city life, but this glimpse of the Bay is what swells my heart. Good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment