Friday, March 9, 2012

Cape Photo of the Day - Photo #9


This was not the best picture I took today, but it had the most appeal. We held on to just enough of the warm weather from yesterday to make it a decent day to get out and wash a car, or in this case a fire engine. The Cape St. Claire Volunteer Firefighters were scrubbing down what I believe is their new 2500 gallon pumper truck - Engine 19. If someone knows otherwise, please correct me. I know they acquired a new one at the end of last year. Good to know because my house is about as far from the fire station as any in the Cape. A broken down pumper truck would mean lining up a bucket brigade between my house and Deep Creek to put out a fire. Kudos to our local volunteer fire department for all they do to keep us safe, not to mention for transporting Santa around the Cape during the holidays to throw candy to some very excited Cape kids. We are lucky to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment