Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cape Photo of the Day - Photo #365!!!


And that's a wrap!

I started this silly thing 365 days ago with a hazy College Parkway sunrise. I'm ending it a year later with a final Deep Creek sunset. I will continue to post pictures of the Cape when I have a good one to share, but I am releasing myself from the obligation of a daily entry. You will be spared the bad to mediocre forced shots, and I will be spared the 11:59 PM bolt out of bed that often came with the realization that I'd forgotten to post a Cape Photo of the Day.

I hope it's been a good year for all you Capers. I certainly can't complain. Even when all else is going badly, we can be thankful to live in such a very lovely place with reliable neighbors (OK, some are reliably pains in the ass, but even that is a constant! - not mine, mind you:).

If you take your own cameras out around the Cape, you'll be amazed at how easy it is to find beautiful subjects. I returned to the same ones over and over out of laziness often, but I know there are many others waiting for another photographer's lens. Some of you were nice enough to share some of yours when I was in a pinch this past year. Many thanks to my relief pitchers. It takes a village and all that...

Cape Photo of the Day signing off. Peace out, Capers!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the daily picture for the past year. While I appreciated the updates I'm sure it was stressful at times for you! The pictures did not go unnoticed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! It hardly qualifies as stress, but I did really want to have a picture each day. Some were pretty lame - placeholders! But there are a few in there that are pretty nice. Looking forward to driving by your pear tree when it blooms here shortly!

      Delete
  2. Your pictures have filled my heart with joy and pride for our community. They are stellar - each and every one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mandy! You're the best!

      Delete
    2. Oops! That was me. I was logged in under my Magothy Middle School pseudonym!

      Delete