Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cape Photo of the Day - Photo #29


My VERY last camellia of the season. The bush has been blooming away since January, and as we near the end of March, this is the last but not least of its bounty. I planted this camellia back in the spring of 2009, and that winter in December, we got a record breaking snowfall that also broke several of the branches off my baby camellia. I propped it up for the remainder of the winter, and it has gradually recovered. It bloomed pretty nicely last winter, but this year, it knocked itself out. You can see one of the spent flowers in the background.

I'm clearly on a flower kick with my camera. It's a sure giveaway of my amateur status as a photographer. They are easy subjects, but they will be gone soon enough, and I will have to get more creative with my shot choices.

One more early wakeup before spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment